Customer Privacy Notice
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
We recognize our obligation to keep information about you secure and confidential. It's important for you to know that we do not disclose non public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as provided by law. So, there is no need for you to ask us not to. Plus, all of our customers are given the opportunity to tell us they don't want to receive direct marketing offers from us. This policy covers Customer Information, which means personally identifiable information about a consumer or a customer's current relationship with Indiana Business Bank. This policy is provided to you as required by the Federal Privacy Law.
PROTECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM MARKETERS OUTSIDE INDIANA BUSINESS BANK
Indiana Business Bank does not sell or otherwise share consumer information with marketers outside of Indiana Business Bank. You don't need to take any action to prevent disclosure. While we may offer products and services on behalf of outside companies, Indiana Business Bank does not share your information with outside companies. However, you can control the offers we may extend to you. Please refer to the section Honoring Your Preferences.
MAKING THE SECURITY OF INFORMATION A PRIORITY
Keeping financial information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We value your trust and handle information about you with care. We limit access to Customer Information to those associates who need to know that information to provide products and services to you or to maintain or service those products or services. Our associates are bound by a code of ethics requiring confidential treatment of Customer Information and are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to follow this code. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your non public personal information. We continually assess new technology for protecting information and upgrade our systems when appropriate.
We collect and use various types of information to service your accounts, save you time and money and better understand your needs. We want to help you learn more about products and services that may be of interest to you. Customer Information we collect is categorized as the following five types:
- Information you provide to us on applications and through other means, such as your assets, income, and other debt.
- Information about your transactions and account experience with us, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage or information about our communication with you, such as a request for a copy of a check and our response.
- Information from a consumer report, such as information regarding your credit worthiness or credit history.
- Information from other outside sources regarding their employment, credit or relationship with you or verifying representation made by you, such as your employment history, loan or credit card balances on your property insurance coverage.
- Other general information we obtain about you that is not assembled for the purposes of determining your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or other product or service you request, such as demographic information.
DISCLOSING INFORMATION IN OTHER SITUATIONS
We may also disclose any of the five types of Customer Information to credit bureaus and similar organizations, and otherwise when permitted by law. For example, this may include a disclosure in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, a fraud investigation, recording of deeds of trust and mortgages in public records, an audit or examination, or the sale of your account to another financial institution. We may also share any of the five types of Customer Information outside of Indiana Business Bank if we have your consent.
MAKING SURE INFORMANTION IS ACCURATE
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. We provide you with access to your account information through various means such as account statements and online banking. If you ever find that your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please call or write to us at the telephone number or address listed on your account statement, bank records, or other documentation. We will promptly update or correct any erroneous information. If you have questions, or feel that we have not handled information about you properly, you may always contact us as indicated previously and we will investigate your inquiry or complaint immediately.
HONORING YOUR PREFERENCES
You have choices when it comes to learning about new offers and services from Indiana Business Bank. You can choose not to receive marketing offers by direct mail, telemarketing and/or e-mail. We will honor your request. To tell us your preferences:
Indiana Business Bank
Attn: Privacy Request
250 E. 96th, St., Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Call us at: (317) 218-2180
Send us e-mail through: email@example.com
In order to ensure that we accurately reflect your request, please provide your full name and telephone number for telemarketing requests and e-mail address for e-mail requests. We will promptly honor your request. Even if you elect not to receive product information by direct mail, telemarketing or e-mail, you will continue to:
- Be contacted as necessary to service your account, or
- Be contacted by your Relationship/Client Manager, or assigned Indiana Business Bank representative if applicable, or
- Receive marketing information included in your regular account mailings or when you visit us online.